A change is as good as a rest

After spending so much time painting in acrylics this year, I felt a bit stale so on Tuesday I decided to re-acquaint myself with my watercolours. I had such fun producing watercolour sketches of farm animals that I have decided to take my watercolour kit along to the Creative in Shropshire Fair in Much Wenlock on Sunday and paint while I am there - after all, there is always a lull in footfall around lunchtime.

Feeling refreshed and with the staleness out of my system, today I have been back with the acrylics and enjoying myself immensely. On Saturday, I will be submitting two canvases to the Oswestry Heritage Centre Art Competition - well, I say two but in fact I have only one completed painting as yet. The other is a work in progress but should be ready in time. I'm also working on a commission and two small canvases of ... you guessed it .... cows.

On Monday, I will be setting up a big exhibition at The White Horse Inn in Pulverbatch, to run until 23 August. This country pub and restaurant (good food, good wines and beers - http://www.whitehorsepulverbatch.co.uk/) is very spacious so here's hoping I have sufficient paintings to (at least nearly) fill it!

Comments