The calm after the storm

Shrewsbury Flower Show was a HUGE success! The organisation was really good and extremely friendly, and the footfall was amazing. Two days of trading from 9 a.m. through to 8 p.m. left its mark however - I was exhausted. In anticipation of this, I envisaged taking it easy this week; how foolish: I practically sold out at the Flower Show, so with various galleries waiting for new output and a number of fairs coming up, not to mention a commission to complete, I have had to get back to work smartish.

So far, nothing is finished so instead I am posting a photo taken today of one of my larger paintings (2 foot x 3 foot) completed in early July and currently hanging in SPACE (Ellesmere).
This weekend will see me in the Peak District (if the weather is halfway decent) collecting new material for new paintings - can't wait. Then, next Sunday, I am back at the Creative in Shropshire Fair in Much Wenlock.
Before I sign off: it was great to meet so many people at the Flower Show - thank you all for visiting my stand, and to those who bought paintings, I hope they bring you a lot of pleasure for a long time to come.

Comments