Cow Watching

Last weekend in the Peak District was great: the weather was good, the scenery was outstanding and there were lots of cows to look at. In fact, a farmer approached me as I watched a herd of Friesians heading off to the milking parlour and asked if I was alright. Maybe he thought I was a cattle-rustler.

"That's an odd-looking cow!" I hear you say. Well, no, it's a Shetland pony I saw at the West Mid Show a few weeks ago, but I only got round to finishing the painting this week. I have two paintings of cows in progress and plenty more in mind but nothing ready to show here as yet.

The Shetland pony will be with me at the Creative in Shropshire Fair in Much Wenlock on Sunday, and once again I will be painting in watercolour on the spot. My usual mantra: Much Wenlock is a lovely little town so come and visit!

Comments