Starting and Finishing

A couple of weeks ago, I was in the beautiful Peak District, where I collected material for new paintings (mainly cows), then I made the most of the bank holiday weekend and, other than the CIS Fair in Much Wenlock, was out looking for and finding inspiration: pigtastic! I found lots of lovely pigs and wonderfully gorgeous tiny piglets. The artistic emphasis may well be on pigs over the next few weeks....

A commission mentioned in previous posts is also at the finishing touches stage: the painting spent the best part of a week on my mantelpiece so that I could weigh up whether it was finished or what more needed to be done. In the end, I decided that a few passages need a little bit more work so have got going and hope to be putting the varnish on it by this time next week.

I set up a display in Rowley's House (Tourist Office and Museum), Shrewsbury on Monday: watercolours, small box canvases, prints and greeting cards. No fairs this weekend, but back at the Made in Shropshire Fair in the Square on Saturday, 12 September, and the Creative in Shropshire Fair in Much Wenlock on Sunday, 13 September. Then it's the Michaelmas Fair in Bishop's Castle the weekend after that. I'm exhausted just thinking about it all ... goodnight!

Comments