Cows ...


Tomorrow (Saturday), I will be at the Made in Shropshire Fair in the Square, Shrewsbury, with my usual wares, including some new paintings of cows. Instead of individual portraits, I am working on a series of canvases showing groups of cows, including the one shown here. The idea is to capture the summer feel of sunshine and life at a leisurely pace.

I am also still working on material collected at the West Mid Show and will be bringing a painting of a bull completed this week - it's too big to fit on my scanner so here's just a detail from it.

In my last blog, I forgot to mention that a painting of a cow by me was awarded 2nd prize in the recent art competition at the Heritage Centre in Oswestry, based on viewers' votes. Many thanks to all of you who took the time to vote for me!

Comments