Loving the life


Life drawing went well (in my opinion) this week. I was using black pigment liners, a white gel pen, a white marker pen and water brush, and here are a couple of my sketches from the evening, one on dark green and the other on dark blue paper.

Other than that, this week has been more than averagely frustrating - in no small part due to Windows 8.1 (aaaaagh!), so I have only just varnished the paintings I completed last weekend ... they - and a couple more - should be hanging at The Nags Head, Garthmyl (near Welshpool) from Monday.

Are any of you blog readers also Facebookers? Yes? Well, here are a couple of things which may interest you then:
firstly, I am in a drawing competition run by Jackson's Art Materials. If you take the link on my Facebook page, you can see my and other entries - and perhaps vote for me ...
secondly, how about entering Ferndell Studios' FB competition to win a day on our Watercolour for Beginners Workshop - normal price: £75.

To be in with a chance of winning, go to the Ferndell B&B Facebook page, and enter the comment "Please buy me one for Christmas" under the competition post there, then like and share the post. A name will be picked at random and posted on Christmas Day from those who have liked and shared, so don't forget to leave a comment or we won't know who's in it to win it. To jump straight to Ferndell's Facebook page, click on this link: www.facebook.com/ferndellshrewsbury

Comments