Inktensely excited

After the life drawing sessions I attend in Shrewsbury, some of us slope off to The Nags Head on Wyle Cop for liquid refreshment, and take the opportunity to show one piece of our work for criticism. Recently, I've noted that comments about my sketches have included phrases such as: "As usual", "Another classic Louise drawing" and "As always...". Hmmm - I'm obviously a bit stuck in rut. So I decided to try something new and ordered a set of Inktense blocks (watersoluble ink sticks).
They arrived yesterday and I have been getting childishly excited about using them, so to prepare for Tuesday's life drawing session, I thought I'd better get some practice in. I produced the sketch shown here with them (plus a white gel pen and marker); it is on brown paper though I intend to use white cartridge paper at life drawing.

It's highly likely that I'll make a complete hash of things on Tuesday but - hey ho - nothing ventured, nothing gained!

Comments