Soulbird Gallery


Yesterday I took myself and some of my paintings and prints off to Soulbird Gallery in Wem, and while there found out a bit more about its expansion: Dee, the proprietor of Soulbird, is taking over the cafe next door in early April. She will be giving it a thorough makeover to suit her style, and will also have some retail space in there for her Soulbird stock. Having the extra space will also allow her to host workshops there, which is something she has missed since moving from Ellesmere. Personally, I noted her invitation to enjoy coffee and cake while I sit and sketch ... will have to schedule that in soonish.












I missed life drawing last week and so was determined to get there yesterday evening, and was glad I did as there was a new model with a very different look, who was lovely to draw. Being in a bit of a rush to get to Shrewsbury on time, I grabbed some colourful fibre-tip pens, waterbrush and sheets of cartridge paper and lucked in as vivid colours seemed to me to be called for. Some of my sketches are shown here.


Comments