Relaunch ....

OK, it's been quite some time since my last, very sporadic, posts, but this time I am determined to maintain my blog properly. I intended to do so earlier in the year, but then planned a 5-week holiday in Australia so decided to postpone everything until my return.

So: Australia - a road trip in Queensland, from Brisbane to Port Douglas. I took a capsule art kit: two Moleskine sketchbooks (one for quick sketches and one for watercolour), one set of Staedtler pigment liners, one tin of Winsor & Newton watercolour pans and half-pans, a couple of pencils, pencil sharpener and putty rubber.

Sketching doesn't just happen - you have to remember a) to have your materials readily to hand (obviously) and b) to sketch pretty much anything. Also, when travelling with non-artists, it can be difficult to create the opportunity to draw - so you need to grab every one that arises!

Enough talk - here are a few excerpts from my sketchbooks, some of them (as you will see!) really lightning sketches while others - mainly the watercolours - had a bit more time invested. But, whatever, they were fun to do and bring back memories more vividly than photos.

If you have any questions, comments etc., please don't hesitate!












Comments