Still messy

I have been arting since my last post, just not in a completely focussed way.

One distraction came in the form of retail temptation, and, hurray, I managed to grab myself a couple of bargains (shown here).  Another - less welcome - intrusion on my time was the heaps of admin, accounts and other paperwork to do, so I've spent a fair amount of time at my desk (shown in photo). You may notice the seating arrangement: Zuko gets the ergonomic office chair while I get the hard wooden stool. How did that happen?

Anyway, this afternoon, I was back in the studio and working on the abstracts I got going with last week.

From the photo, it doesn't look as if I've achieved much, but in fact I've been building layers and texture with paint, gel and collage. I can see where they're heading now, more or less, and one of the square canvases is not far off completion. I can't wait to get back to them and hopefully soon get them finished and ready to post on my online shop!

Comments