Relaxation v. Concentration

Yesterday, feeling weary and lacklustre, I got into the studio, took out my watercolours and focussed on focussing!
Almost immediately, I lost myself in the moment and produced these two little watercolours of Zuko. And then I couldn't stop "arting": in the evening out came the paper and pens, and I produced inter alia this page of sketches.

I love this sort of art: small paintings, sketches, doodles ... everything completed quickly and intuitively. It's absorbing, requires concentration and yet is relaxing and refreshing.

Today, though, has been about admin: I've posted the watercolours on my Etsy and Artfinder online shops, and dealt with some other odds and ends. But this evening may well be devoted to the practice of the sketch and doodle once again.

Comments