Baggage fail and back sketching

A quiet(ish) spot along The Groves
Ten hectic days later .... well, my baggage was lost en route from Munich to Manchester, and again en route from Manchester to my home - stress, hours on hold on the phone, going round to neighbours to see if it had been delivered to them, online searches etc. But I was thankful that my most precious items, my sketchbooks, were in my hand luggage so they were safe. Eventually, my - scratched and battered - suitcase turned up last Wednesday, and I could retrieve various arty materials I'd collected during my trip and look forward to getting some new art done

Looking down St Mary's Hill
However, there was then another - much more positive - interruption: earlier this year I visited Lörrach, a German town twinned with Chester (sketches in a previous blog post: https://louise-diggle-artist.blogspot.com/2018/05/twins.html), and last Saturday a group of Lörrach residents visited Chester to see the Chester Mystery Plays and, of course, took the opportunity to meet up with us. Afterwards, I wandered around and did a few sketches in Chester.

Mini-scarecrow at the nursery school on St Mary's Hill



When I got home, I was still in a sketching mood and it was too warm to be indoors, so I took advantage of the light nights and headed out with my sketchbook again. The geese by the canal didn't seem too pleased to see me - they have evil eyes! ... I'll try again another day.

Chirk Bank






Comments