A different view

I went to life drawing again yesterday evening, at The Hive in Shrewsbury - but I didn't want to. But I wanted to draw. And I wanted to do something different. But I had no energy to think up a new approach and pack different media. Sooooo .... I decided to do some sketching in my usual "urban sketching" kind of style, not intended for sale or display.

I had a sketchbook with me, and some Staedtler fineliners, which meant ink on paper: no erasing, no under-drawing. I did the first few quick warm-up sketches.

Then I took a different view and doodled away, trying to refine my single line drawing technique.



Not the most productive evening, but it scratched my "must-draw" itch, and the beer and chat in The Nags afterwards hit the spot.

And now I've got to pack a canvas which is heading off to a new collector in the USA - happy days!

Comments