The sound of music

It's been a while - I'm shocked how long - since my last post. I'll keep things brief and visual.

I've ventured into newish territory lately. I have on occasion drawn musicians in the past, but recently have twice been to Bridgewater Hall and drawn the BBC Philharmonic Orchestra. Drawing new shapes, not being able to choose my position, and trying not to disturb the people all around me were the difficulties, but I enjoyed the experience.

Then, when I was in Chester yesterday, I chanced upon Macclesfield Brass playing in the bandstand by the River Dee. Well, naturally I couldn't resist ... so I did a few sketches of them while listening to them play. A lovely way to spend an hour or so on a sunny afternoon!

So here is my (kind of) musical output:











 



Comments