Tarc Gallery

I was on the go all day on Friday: first a visit to SoulBird in Wem to refresh my display there. Then on to buy canvases, followed by a trip to Tarc Gallery at Stanford Bridge in Worcester-shire with some of my life drawing work and limited edition prints. Rosemary (the owner of Tarc) was busy re-organising the layout there and it does look lovely. She has a very diverse assortment of high-quality art and craft items, plus wine and a coffee shop - the photos on this post give a bit of the flavour of the place I think.

 
I rushed home, quick change and out again: this time to the Oswestry Visitor and Exhibition Centre for the prizegiving in the Oswestry and Shropshire Art Competition in which my painting "Ice Cat" had won first prize in the Viewers' Choice. The Mayor made a well-researched speech in which he quoted Whistler: "An artist is not paid for his labour but for his vision". That's a quotation to remember .... wise man, that Whistler.

Comments