Easing lockdown

Lockdown for me was not quite the difficult experience it has been for many. Living where I do, I have had ready access to quiet tracks and trails so have been able to get out running, cycling and walking - and, of course, the weather largely cooperated. Two things I have missed, though: the buzz of the city, and seeing friends.

So I was happy to get back to urban sketching with some of my arty friends in Shrewsbury recently. 

We've done three sessions so far:
the first in Shrewsbury's lovely park, The Quarry, on a balmy summer evening (photos above and below),




the second on a chillier evening by Pengwern Boat Club (on the right),

and the third, on a distinctly cold and rainy July evening, sheltering under the entrance to St Chad's (see below).

In each case, I opted for simplicity: fineliner pen on white paper, and enjoyed the uncomplicated approach, not to mention the feeling of normality.


The apres-sketch pub was out, so we all took along our own refreshment and sat around, suitably distanced, for a chat and friendly critique. Good to see friends again!

You can see more of my sketchbook work on my website at: //www.louisediggleartist.com/from-my-sketchbooks

Comments