Give art a try

For the past year or so, I've often talked about the life-drawing sessions I attend, and even dedicated a page of this blog to the sketches I produce there. Well, following a few enquiries, I thought it may be a good idea to provide some practical information about the sessions so you - yes, YOU, blog-reader out there - can come along too .... read on:


When and where:
Mondays, 2 - 4 pm at The English Bridge Workshops, Shrewsbury.
Tuesdays, 7 - 9 pm at The Hive, Shrewsbury.
In each case, there is an approx. 20 minute break in the middle.
The Tuesday session is followed by a drink / drinks at The Nags, which is a great way to get to know everyone better.
Occasional additional events: Rodin studio day, workshops and outings ....

The cost:
Monday: £6 per session; Tuesday: £8 per session. Pay as you go - no need to sign up for a term.

The format:
There are various models, usually female, sometimes male, on rare occasions two models.
The sessions are usually not tutored, though Dave Bissitt who organises the whole shebang sometimes makes useful suggestions as to possible approaches (e.g. drawing without looking at the paper, with the "wrong" hand etc.), and now and then arranges tutored workshops.

Other info:
The sessions are open to all, and people of all levels attend and are welcome - yep, not all arty types but the whole gamut from complete beginners through to proficient life-drawers. I can guarantee that the Tuesday group (which I attend) is really friendly: when I first ventured out to The Hive, I didn't know anyone there but they immediately made me feel at home and I now have some lovely new friends.

Contact:
The Facebook group: search for Shrewsbury Life Drawing; it is now a closed group now but you can ask to join.
Or contact me for further info.

Crikey, what a plug - but seriously, it's fun for beginners, improves everyone's drawing skills and is highly addictive. Hope to see some of you there soon!

Comments