The Cheshire Cat

Well, it's been a while since I last posted here .... and I can't even claim to have devoted the intervening time entirely to art. I've just had a busy summer, one way and another, though some art has been done. For example:

 Locally, a selection of my greeting cards and various of my prints on canvas are now available in the Chester Standard shop in Watergate Street, Chester. However, the Standard also wanted a Chester-related image, exclusively for them, so we came up with the idea of a Cheshire Cat. I produced an original image as a linocut (shown here), based largely on my own two now sadly departed Cheshire cats, and made a first delivery of greeting cards last week. In due course, prints will also be available.


 I've also spent some time uploading quite a lot of work to my online shop, which you can check out at https://www.artfinder.com/louise-diggle, and which has proved quite successful, especially as it reaches an audience who would otherwise never be aware of my art.

And I recently acquired a new resident feline: a Siberian cat, very beautiful, very affectionate, 5 years old, called Zuko (which I have decided is short for Zukovski, given that he's Russian). He's quite a character and it's has been great to have a subject in the house to sketch. Here are a couple of my first doodles of him.

I've now got three commissions in hand, and two new galleries and one exhibition to prepare work for, so I'll be back with more news soon.

Comments