Knowing my medium



I was childishly excited about my new Derwent Paint Pens, so spent the past couple of evenings getting to grips with them. The results are shown here. One is on watercolour paper, and I used the pens in combination with water. www.artfinder.com/product/sound-asleep/ The other, on orange paper, is a drawing, and I discovered that one of the greys is actually an iridescent silver. www.artfinder.com/product/relaxing-731c/ I now have visions of how I might use them in some small mixed media canvases - we shall see!

The pens are very versatile and, so far, the only drawback I've discovered is that they tend to suddenly flood and leave a big blob of paint on the paper. Most can be mopped up with kitchen roll but it's still a bit annoying. If anyone out there is thinking of getting a set, there are videos on YouTube with more information about using them.

Comments