A taste of Germany

I've just enjoyed a few days away, in one of my favourite cites: Munich. Plenty of sunshine, sketches, good company, and good food and drink ... I only took ONE sketchbook and went out with just fine liners and fountain pens. (I may add a splash of colour at some point.)
It all started on a cafe terrace opposite the opera house

The famous Viktualienmarkt - I love sketching there

The finished sketch
A trip to Salzburg - sketching in Steingasse in the old town

The finished sketch

Went to this guy's cafe for lunch. When he saw the previous sketch, he offered lunch free of charge in return for a sketch of his bit of Salzburg. I obliged!
The "starving artist" sketch
Escaped the heat of the city .... and experienced the heat of the Alm one day - at least there was a cooling breeze

Managed a quick doodle over lunch
Bit of a sketchcrawl round Munich on the final day

A review!
 And finally - when in Bavaria, you gotta have a bit of oompah music:

Accompanying your sausage and sauerkraut:

You're welcome!

Comments