In the same vein

My final few cows are nearing completion - well, final for now anyway. I may well get out to collect some new material in the near future, especially as the weather gets warmer; it's amazing quite how quickly you can chill to the bone when sketching outdoors. However, my priority will be sheep and lambs over the next few weeks, although I am of course easily side-tracked ...

For now though, I have moved on to goats - in particular two goats I met a couple of weeks ago: Willow and Bramble. They are lovely! Very curious - I had to keep my sketching paraphernalia well out of their reach - but very affectionate, they love being rubbed on the head and, to me, they were simply irresistable. I also briefly saw a Kune Kune pig called Basil. He wasn't hanging about however; just emerged from his pigloo for a drink and then shuffled off for another snooze. So I have only managed a couple of little paintings of him - but I hope to visit him again soon, and meet his neighbour, pot-bellied Diane.

My current work should be varnished and ready for The Fair in the Square in Shrewsbury next Saturday. With a bit of luck spring will properly have started by then.

If any of you out there want a closer look at any of my work or want to make sure I bring a particular painting, print or greeting card along, don't hesitate to get in touch, either via the Comments link or by e-mail (address at bottom of page).

Bye for now.

Comments