Venues old and new

The run-up to Christmas is obviously a very busy, not to mention hectic, period for me - and this weekend is no exception. On Saturday, I will be at the Much Wenlock Christmas Fayre; it is my third year there and it is a lovely festive event with loads to see and do. My stand will be in the (relative) warmth of the Priory Hall.

Then on Sunday, I am off to Church Stretton to hang paintings at a new venue: Jemima's Kitchen at Victoria House, just in time for it's official opening (which is by invitation only), with the mayor of Church Stretton, Councillor Bob Welch, officiating at 3.30 pm. A Scottish piper in full regalia will be playing throughout the event which runs from 2 pm to 5 pm. 
The Jemima's Kitchen part is a licensed café, serving ... er ... well I'm not sure about the entire menu, but I have sampled their delicious homemade cakes so can definitely recommend it. The premises have been refurbished and extended, and will be further enhanced (!) by my art. Its normal opening hours will be: from Thursday to Sunday and on Bank Holiday Mondays from 8.30 am to 4 pm during the winter months, and until 8 pm in summer. The Victoria House part is a delightful bed and breakfast - details at www.bedandbreakfast-shropshire.co.uk.

Then on Monday, I will be back in the studio... preparing for the Made in Shropshire Fair in the Square next Saturday.

Comments