Arty weekend

Saturday saw me back at The Interiors Shop in Chester, with a delivery of cards - my Eastgate Clock card is particularly popular - and prints. I was welcomed with a cup of tea and chocolate biscuit so settled down for a quick sketch.



Then on Sunday, I confirmed my credentials as an urban sketcher by joining the Manchester Urban Sketchers at Manchester Art Gallery. Some of the brave sketchers sat outside and drew the urban landscape. However, I opted for a cosier approach and drew the interior - in the cafe with tea and a scone, and then among the exhibits.














At 4 p.m. came the "throw-down" where everyone (well, everyone willing) put out a sketch and everyone else mooched around looking and commenting. Some of the work was really good, and the range of approaches was huge. I shall be back for more!


Comments