Happiness

It was wonderful to get out sketching yesterday, at long last, and who could be a more endearing subject than my new friend Samson 😍, the pig. If you follow me on Instagram or Facebook, you may notice that he was previously reported to be called Tim - but that was Fake News. I now have it on good authority that his name is Samson. Anyway, I discovered him a few weeks ago on one of my many hikes during the lockdown and have since been a regular visitor and sandwich provider.

When I arrived yesterday afternoon, he was having a kip deep in the undergrowth so I hopped into his enclosure and wafted a peanut butter sandwich above his delightful snout. This had an immediate effect and he followed me up to the wall where I could sit and sketch while he finished his snack. He followed up with a good drink of water because peanut butter doesn't half stick to the teeth, and munched some grass to freshen the palate. He then had a good old scratch against a tree trunk and nodded off in a leafy spot once again.

Below are my charcoal sketches of him and also a video of the chap himself. To get the full slurpy benefit, make sure your sound is on for the video!







Comments