Post-Christmas slump

In the rush before Christmas, a few jobs didn't get done: 1) no pre-Christmas post on my blog; 2) no Christmas cards sent. I am now rectifying this.

My final fair before Christmas was at the Guildhall in Much Wenlock. It was very cheerful and busy: mince pies, sloe gin, chocolates, hot spiced cider ... We won't be back there now until April, so a big thank you to everyone who has supported us since we started the market in September, and we look forward to seeing you next Easter.

Before Christmas, I also completed this portrait commission: the client is the sitter's partner. He was pleased with the finished work but I waited with baited breath for Sal to see it. She rang me on Christmas Day to say how thrilled she was and said it made her feel quite emotional.
I now can't wait to get going on my next commission: a very pretty cocker spaniel.
My next outing will be the Made in Shropshire Fair in the Square in Shrewsbury on Saturday, 10 January 2009. I'm hoping the weather is a bit warmer than today ...

Comments

  1. Louise you have done a wonderfull portrait of our daughter Sally. You are very talented, keep up the good work. John and Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi, good site very much appreciatted

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment