Bonjour

I recently snuck off to France for a well-earned holiday, hence my silence over the past couple of weeks. Not that I put my feet up of course - well, OK, I did put my feet up quite a bit, but I also got out and about sketching, as you can see here. You may notice the peculiar shading in parts: this is due to the paper cockling as I was sloshing a lot of water about (other peculiar shading is due to me). I can really recommend this sort of sketching as a hugely enjoyable experience: there is no pressure to produce a "finished" painting and it's a great way of getting to know the locals. In fact, two of my sketches remained with locals in La Garde Freinet.

Tomorrow I am off to an afternoon of "Rodin's Studio" life drawing so I'd better clean up my sketching kit.... ooooh, Mo Farah in the 5,000 m first (fingers massively crossed).

Comments