Fruits of my labours

This was a happy week for me with my drawings and paintings selling particularly well - all of them recent pieces and all going to collectors who had only just discovered my work. Purchases are the best kind of feedback! Obviously, it's lovely when people tell you how much they like your work, but the feeling when someone wants to spend their hard-earned cash on something you created and hang it in their home or give it to a friend is even better.

Work in progress
One of the pieces that sold was the first of my small abstracts, shown in my previous post, and which was bought before the varnish had even dried. So I had a really enthusiastic buzz about me today as I got back to the studio and continued working on the other canvases in the series. The second is now pretty much finished, I think, though I'll make the final decision tomorrow. I can't wait to complete them all as I'm also itching to start a new series of paintings which will be a further development of the recent "Decadence" theme.

Packed and ready for posting

Comments