It's been a while

Happy New Year, everyone! I hope you all enjoyed the festive season, and are now refreshed and looking forward to a great 2019.

Hmmm - it's been quite a while since my last post. I guess my run-up to Christmas was pretty busy and then, after a lovely couple of days with family, I rushed off to Germany for a few days.

I didn't get much sketching done there but got my art fix when I found a fantastic art shop (called Eckert, in Regensburg). As I only had hand luggage with me, I had to be really restrained and just bought two sketchpads and one sketchbook. I was tempted by a whole lot more - a WHOLE lot more!
And incidentally, if you ever have the opportunity to visit Regensburg, take it! It's lovely - lots of little old alleyways and cobbled streets, home to a wide range of independent shops in fantastic old buildings.

The weather was chilly, to say the least, but on New Year's Day, it was a pleasure to walk in the winter wonderland of the Bavarian Alps where the snow was crisp and views just gorgeous.

Obviously, a few visits to Bavarian eateries, whether for coffee and cake, or a typical Bavarian meal, punctuated my stay.

But I'm back home now, reunited with Zuko the Siberian, trying to get organised and with lots of arty plans for 2019: urban sketching, abstracts, life drawing .... the possibilities are endless, and I'm hoping my enthusiasm and energy are too!

Comments